What payment gateways are supported?
The post purchase promotion type supports a variety of payment gateways but the behavior of the upsell offers changes depending on the gateway.
Native Post-Purchase Promotion
The native post purchase promotion location is a new checkout step shown directly after a customer pays. It utilizes the vaulted payment information to offer 1-click payment directly to the same order. However, not all payment methods are supported.
- Payment Gateways Supported:
- Unsupported Payment Methods:
- External/third party payment providers which redirect the customer offsite (Klarna, Coinbase, etc) are unsupported.
- Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay
Fallback Post-Purchase Promotion
Post Purchase Promotions offers a unique feature which is the ability to surface a promotion on the Checkout thank you page to show a post-purchase promotional upsell offer to a majority of your customers. The difference between the fallback upsell and the native upsell is that payment must be confirmed by the customer. If a customer does NOT confirm payment, the product will be added to the order but the financial status will remain as "Partially Paid".
- Payment gateways supported include: PayPal, Wallets (Google Pay, Apple Pay, Shop Pay), Cash on Delivery, and several others
- Note: It's possible to have Post Purchase Promotions automatically remove the unpaid upsell product after 15 minutes by enabling the option "Auto remove promotion when payment is missing" under Settings > General > Promotions:
Multi Currency Checkout Warning
Behind the scenes, this app leverages order editing and as a result, promotions will onyl show on orders placed using the default shop currencies. This means if you leverage native multi-currency checkout, orders placed in currencies that are different from the default shop currency will not show a promotion.